Divorce Lawyer in Frederick County, MD
The decision to divorce is one that no one takes lightly. It’s fraught with emotion and fear as you wonder:
- What will happen to my children?
- What will happen to my house?
- Where do I go from here?
- Will I be OK?
To help alleviate some of these concerns, you need an experienced, compassionate divorce attorney who will fight to get you what you deserve.
What Does a Divorce Lawyer Do?
A divorce attorney is your partner and advocate throughout the divorce process. Whether you hire one right away or wait until your divorce is already in the works, your attorney gives you advice on what the law says, what’s likely to happen in court, and what you can expect during each step of the process.
Your divorce lawyer can help you:
- Get things in order to file an initial Complaint for Divorce.
- Respond to a Complaint from your spouse.
- Gather financial documents regarding property division.
- Respond to requests for information from your spouse’s attorney.
- Correspond with your spouse or your spouse’s attorney to decrease your need to be in direct contact.
- Determine what property is marital and what is non-marital.
- Calculate child support and alimony.
- Figure out the best child custody plan for your situation.
- Advise you on how to handle important assets.
- Help determine the valuation of jointly held business interests.
- Complete all necessary paperwork for retirement plan divisions.
Why Choose the Law Office of Laura Venezia?
Since 1998, Laura Venezia has provided couples in the Frederick County, Maryland, area with skilled, experienced representation in their divorces. Whether you want someone to check over your documents from your DIY divorce or you need a partner every step of the way, our team can help.